Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Book 10, 2012 - The Buffalo Soldier by Chris Bohjalian

I've had this book on my shelf for awhile, picked up at a rummage sale solely because I dig Bojhalian's writing style.  Usually he has a big plot twist toward the end of his books, which kept my stomach in knots over the last 1/3 of the book.  That said, this was not, for me, one of my favorites.  This book took a long time to develop, and then when it did, I found I didn't really care what happened.  Hmmmm.  Regardless, I will continue to seek out his work as I do enjoy his writing, and he does write about topics I don't always know a lot about.  True statement:  I didn't know what a Buffalo Soldier was until I read this book.  So, I guess I'm more enlightened for having picked it up anyway!

Did I like it?  It was *ok*.  Would I recommend it?  Perhaps-- especially for prospective foster parents, sure.  Rating?  2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment