Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book 12, 2012 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I chose this book because I thought the cover looked A-Mazing... and I was in the mood for something somewhat simple after reading such a tension-filled book previously, (Unbroken).  It started out as exactly what I was looking for.  Not too hard, interesting pictures throughout.... but then the book fell apart for me.   I really really wanted to like this book.  Unfortunately, the second half of the book lost its whimsy nature for me and became an action type-- not what I wanted.  Reviews are somewhat mixed on this book, and I can understand why.  It is a great book and a so-so book all rolled into one.  It also took me a little under a week to finish, which was longer than I needed to get my book challenge back on track! 

So...  Did I like it?  Sometimes, yes.  Would I recommend it?  I don't think so... except for the photos.  They're really cool.  Rating?  2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment