Friday, June 22, 2012

Book 17 , 2012 - Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain

I just finished this book today, and I will be moving on to the sequel pronto.  I've read a couple others by Diane Chamberlain before, and this book reminded me why I like her so much.  If you like Jodi Picoult, you'll like Diane Chamberlain....  very similar style and the type of book that makes you think a bit about "What would you do?"  I never like to give the synopsis of a book because anyone can look that up, but I will say I didn't know anything about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and this educated me a bit.  There is a bit of a whodunit quality to this, and I didn't figure it out... what David Baldacci couldn't do. 

I have just started the second book which picks up where the last book left off, about 8 months later.  A great story, and I'm interested and invested in the characters enough to want to know.

Did I like it?  Finally -- YES!  Would I recommend it?  Definitely.  Rating?  4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment