Monday, October 1, 2012

Book 22, 2012 - The Playdate by Louise Millar

I've never bothered to put a loan request at the library for a review that was so-so from People magazine book reviews, but some thing about that article intrigued me enough to want to be the very first to read this book, apparently.  Good Lord.  With so many fabulous pieces of works out there, why did I bother? 

This book is set in London, and is primarily about a couple of woman friends who have children and suffer through the often daily monotony of child rearing together.  A next door neighbor that seems "off" and quirky becomes someone the women decide should not be around their children.  Surprise, surprise, not everyone is as they seem, blah blah blah.  If this book was supposed to be some sort of psychological thriller, I must be an absolute genius because my 8 year old could've figured out the ending early on.  I read a brief acknowledgement by the author at the end that stated this book took a couple of years to write, and I couldn't help but wonder...HOW?

Not good-  no need to spend more time on this one.  Can I please read a book next that will blow me away????   I need one!

Did I like it?  Not really.  Would I recommend it?  No sir.  Rating 1.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment