Monday, October 8, 2012

Book 23, 2012 - The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

Wow - I really needed a quick-moving, super book right about now... and thanks to my fabulous book club, I got it!  This book was chosen because it is going to be released as a movie before year's end.... and it stars Bradley Cooper.  That is always going to be enough reason for me!  In any event, the book's main character is what's the right word..... slightly 'off' somehow.... and you aren't entirely sure why he is the way he is.  You get the feeling that a traumatic event has caused him to be far different than he used to be.  You spend a lot of time wondering what happened to him in his past.  He spends a lot of time with a woman who is a bit in the same boat as he, and the two develop a complicated friendship.  It would really ruin the book to give too much away, so I won't.  Let me just say I found this book tragic, heartwarming, funny, and sad all in one.  Great read.

Did I like it?  So very much.  Would I recommend?  Without a doubt.  Rating?  5 stars. Just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment