Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book 5, 2013 - The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky

Another book I didn't love...  Hmmm....  On a roll that way, I guess.  I am officially done reading Delinsky's books, too.  This was the second one of hers I've read, and while the premise of each book sounds great, she bogs down the characters and story with too much extra "stuff" that is not relevant to the story.

This book discussed the telling of a lie and a subsequent coverup by a mom involving a car accident in which her fifteen year old daughter was driving, (with a permit).  The mother takes the fall for her daughter when the accident occurs.  The daughter struggles mightily with guilt and anxiety about their situation....  Interesting idea, when I consider what I would go through to protect my children.  However, the mother in this story gets preoccupied with her own relationship with her father, her ex husband, and her lawyer.  She considers a relationship with another man... Etc etc.  You get the idea.  If my daughter were struggling and I was the cause of it, I don't think I would be thinking about getting a boyfriend.  The plot was juicy enough.... Don't add the superfluous!

Did I like it?  Eh.  Recommend?  Maybe....if you're looking for something mindless.  Rating?  Two stars out of five.


No comments:

Post a Comment