Monday, March 11, 2013

Book 4, 2013 - Stay Close by Harlan Coben

Mistake made:  Do not read back-to-back Harlan Coben books.... or maybe you can, except when the second book STINKS.  Wow... did not like this book at all.  The older I get, the less I enjoy any gratuitous violence that does not help the plot of the book along.  This book has plenty.  While I realize his books are --obviously-- fictional, this one is just too stupid.  I actually was bored and had to force myself to read it.  Not like his other work. 

I think for me, nothing quite compares to the first time I ever read one of his books and was mesmorized.  I haven't had that from him in the last few I've read... while the others were certainly decent, they aren't what his very early works were.  I will read more, but I need a break.  No need to discuss plot twists and turns - there are a few, of course - but overall, I'm underwhelmed by this one.

Did I like it?  Um, read above.  Recommend?  Uh uh.  There are plenty of better ones out there.  Rating? 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment