Thursday, May 9, 2013

Book 9, 2013 - Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult

This was the first book I ever "listened" to via a Playaway from the library.... And it certainly won't be the last!!  I haven't read a good ole Jodi in a long time.  There was a time there where I went to Jodi when I couldn't find anything else....then she wrote The Tenth Circle, which I just hated.  After that, I took a break from her.

I am training for a marathon and have lots of solo time on my hands and I thought I would try a Book on Tape to pass the time and not have music for a while.  I LOVED listening to a book....  But HATED this book.  I wanted to go back to Jodi and love her books again.  I was thoroughly disappointed.  I really did not like any of the characters...couldn't root for any of them.  As is typical Jodi, she tried to do a big surprise ending, a la My Sister's Keeper.  I just couldn't do anything but roll my eyes.  Very predictable and a bummer, to say the least.

Otherwise, can I ponder over what took me so darned long to find books on tape???  It is multi-tasking at its finest!!!

Did I like it?  Nope.  Would I recommend it?  No...  Older Jodi is definitely better.  Rating?  2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment